In Iran, a top admiral responsible for closing the Strait of Hormuz has been eliminated

In Iran, a top admiral responsible for closing the Strait of Hormuz has been eliminated

Photo: wikipedia

Admiral Alireza Tangsiri, who commanded the naval forces of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, was killed in an airstrike in the Iranian city of Bandar Abbas.

According to the Times of Israel, an Israeli official reported the strike.

Details of the strike
The official said the attack targeted Bandar Abbas, a port city in southern Iran on the Strait of Hormuz. Neither Iran nor Israeli military authorities have officially confirmed or commented on the report.

Who Tangsiri was
Alireza Tangsiri led the IRGC Navy. According to the Israeli official, he was responsible for closing the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most important maritime routes, through which a significant portion of global oil shipments passes.

Previously, Iran had announced intentions to block another strategic strait and even threatened to damage an entire island and sacrifice its own resources to target U.S. soldiers. Meanwhile, Iran has started charging ships for passage through the Strait of Hormuz, with fees reaching up to $2 million per vessel for safe transit.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo: UP Investigation / Ukrainska Pravda / YouTube Businessman and close associate of the president Timur Mindich has explained why he filed a lawsuit against Volodymyr Zelenskyy. In a comment to

Photo: Getty Images The National Police of Ukraine confirmed searches in a number of regional headquarters but stated that reports about the resignation of its chief, Ivan Vyhivskyi, are untrue. Ac

Photo: Getty Images The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has scheduled a hearing to review the appeal filed by the defense of Andriy Yermak, who is contesting his prevent

Photo: NABU An investigation linked to the high-profile corruption case involving former Supreme Court chairman Vsevolod Kniaziev is underway as detectives from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau o

Photo: depositphotos A Russian Shahed drone struck a Chinese commercial vessel in the Black Sea overnight on Monday, May 18, according to Ukrainian Navy spokesperson Dmytro Pletenchuk. “It is inter

Photo: Getty Images The High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has chosen a preventive measure for former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak, who is suspected of money laundering. The cou

Photo: EPA U.S. President Donald Trump said the ceasefire between the United States and Iran remains in effect despite a new exchange of strikes that marked the most serious escalation since the tru

Photo: Screenshot from the video A large forest fire in the border area of Chernihiv region, caused by shelling, cannot currently be actively extinguished due to ongoing Russian FPV drone attacks, r