Yermak bail under half raised, Rebrov contributes 30M

Yermak bail under half raised, Rebrov contributes 30M

Photo: Getty Images

The bail for former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak is still being collected, with sources reporting that less than half of the required amount has been raised so far.

At the same time, it has been confirmed that former Ukraine national team coach Serhii Rebrov contributed 30 million UAH toward the bail.

The bail funds are deposited into a special court account opened by the State Treasury Service of Ukraine and assigned to the relevant court — in this case, the High Anti-Corruption Court (HACC). Prosecutors had requested a preventive measure of detention with the possibility of release on a 180 million UAH bail. However, the court set the bail amount at 140 million UAH.

The case concerns allegations in the “Dynasty” investigation. According to investigators, in 2020 former Deputy Prime Minister Oleksiy Chernyshov initiated the construction of an elite residential complex near Kyiv using illegally obtained funds. The scheme allegedly involved businessman Timur Mindich and Andriy Yermak. The National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAPO) stated that between 2021 and 2025, the participants in the scheme laundered approximately $8.9 million.

On Thursday, May 14, the court ordered Yermak into custody for 60 days, with the option of release on bail set at 140 million UAH.

Yermak denies having sufficient personal funds to cover the bail, stating that he will try to raise the money through acquaintances if possible.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo: Getty Images US President Donald Trump held a tense conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday, exposing deep differences over the future course of the war with Ir

Photo: Office of the President of Ukraine According to the presidential adviser, Lukashenko should be judged by his actions rather than his words. Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said he is

Photo: EPA The leaders’ summit of the group is scheduled for June 15–17 in France. Syria will take part in the G7 summit in France next month as a guest country. Damascus will be represented by Syr

Photo: Getty Images The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court (HACC) reviewed the complaint filed by former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak regarding the preventive measure

Photo: Bundeskanzler Friedrich Merz/Х German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has sent a letter to EU leaders proposing a new “associated member” status for Ukraine within the European Union, according to

Photo: ZN Xi Jinping is increasingly shaping a new global order by exploiting the weakening position of the United States, Russia’s war against Ukraine, and China’s strategic partnership with Vladim

Photo: EPA Vladimir Putin once again failed to secure Chinese approval for the construction of the “Power of Siberia 2” gas pipeline during his latest visit to Beijing, according to a report by The

Photo: Getty Images NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte said Russia would face “devastating consequences” if it decided to use nuclear weapons against Ukraine. Speaking at a press conference in Bruss