Is Ukraine preparing to mobilize women? Ground Forces respond

Is Ukraine preparing to mobilize women? Ground Forces respond

Photo: Getty Images

The Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have stated that there are no plans to introduce female conscription and that no mechanisms in this regard are being developed.

The press service of the Ground Forces dismissed reports circulating online as unfounded and manipulative, saying they are being used to undermine mobilization efforts and discredit Ukraine’s Armed Forces.

“No legal changes have been made”

“The recent claims appearing in Ukrainian media and online space about preparations for mobilizing women are baseless and misleading. They are being used by the enemy to disrupt mobilization processes and discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine,” the statement said.

The military emphasized that no changes have been made to Ukrainian legislation regarding female mobilization. Women may join the Armed Forces only voluntarily, while mandatory military registration applies only to women with medical or pharmaceutical education.

Registry issue explained

The Ground Forces also commented on cases involving the inclusion of women in military records through the state registry system “Oberih.” They said such cases resulted from administrative errors rather than policy changes.

According to the statement, after one Ukrainian woman was mistakenly placed on military records without relevant qualifications, an internal investigation found that incorrect data had been entered into the system in 2021. Additional similar cases were also identified.

Officials stressed that data in territorial recruitment centers cannot be manually deleted due to technical and regulatory limitations of the system.

System improvements underway

The Ground Forces said they have submitted proposals to the General Staff and the Ministry of Defense to address gaps in the “Oberih” system and improve data accuracy. The issue remains under continuous review.

Previously, authorities announced updates to Ukraine’s conscription system starting April 1, focusing on stronger oversight and digitalization of military registration data rather than introducing a new draft model.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo:  depositphotos Part-time employees will no longer qualify. Workers will only be allowed to receive deferment through one employer. Economy Minister Oleksii Soboliev confirmed that the Cabine

Photo: EPA Kyiv and the EU discussed the eventual end of temporary protection for Ukrainians. The Ukrainian government plans to obtain data on Ukrainian citizens currently under temporary protectio

Photo: EPA ECDC has sent an expert on board to assess the situation. European Commission spokesperson Eva Hrncirova stated that authorities are closely monitoring the hantavirus outbreak aboard the

Photo: 115th Separate Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine / Facebook President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Ukraine will launch a major military reform starting in June, following final co

Photo: Getty Images The Cabinet of Ministers has extended the current electricity tariff for household consumers until 31 October 2026. This means Ukrainians will continue to pay 4.32 UAH per kWh.

Photo: depositphotos The National Anti-Corruption Bureau exposed employees of the Security Service of Ukraine on bribery charges. According to investigators, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NA

Photo: EPA President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy commented on the renewed debate over legalizing firearms for civilians following the April 18 shooting in Kyiv, where a gunman killed seven people

Photo: Getty Images Clarifications were provided by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. Many men and women have voluntarily joined the defense of Ukraine since the start of Russia’s full-scale inva