New entry/exit system starts operating fully at EU borders

New entry/exit system starts operating fully at EU borders

Photo: Рixabay

As of April 10, the new Entry/Exit System (EES) has fully come into operation at all external border crossing points of the European Union, the European Commission said.

The system’s gradual rollout began in October 2025.

Since then, the Commission reported more than 52 million recorded entries and exits, while entry was denied over 27,000 times. Nearly 700 individuals were identified as posing a security risk to the EU.

Once fully operational, the EES processes each traveller’s registration in an average of just 70 seconds, which is considered a very short time for non-EU citizens crossing the border.

“The Entry/Exit System is an important milestone in modernising and strengthening the security of Europe’s external borders. With EES, we gain control over who enters and leaves the EU, when and where. The security of EU citizens remains our top priority, and the EES enables us to fulfil this commitment,” said EU Commissioner for Home Affairs and Migration Magnus Brunner.

According to “European Pravda,” the digital entry/exit system began being deployed at the external borders of EU and Schengen countries on October 12.

In particular, EES is already operating at all border checkpoints between Ukraine and Poland, as well as Ukraine and Hungary.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo:  depositphotos Part-time employees will no longer qualify. Workers will only be allowed to receive deferment through one employer. Economy Minister Oleksii Soboliev confirmed that the Cabine

Photo: EPA Kyiv and the EU discussed the eventual end of temporary protection for Ukrainians. The Ukrainian government plans to obtain data on Ukrainian citizens currently under temporary protectio

Photo: EPA ECDC has sent an expert on board to assess the situation. European Commission spokesperson Eva Hrncirova stated that authorities are closely monitoring the hantavirus outbreak aboard the

Photo: 115th Separate Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine / Facebook President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Ukraine will launch a major military reform starting in June, following final co

Photo: Getty Images The Cabinet of Ministers has extended the current electricity tariff for household consumers until 31 October 2026. This means Ukrainians will continue to pay 4.32 UAH per kWh.

Photo: depositphotos The National Anti-Corruption Bureau exposed employees of the Security Service of Ukraine on bribery charges. According to investigators, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NA

Photo: EPA President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy commented on the renewed debate over legalizing firearms for civilians following the April 18 shooting in Kyiv, where a gunman killed seven people

Photo: Getty Images Clarifications were provided by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. Many men and women have voluntarily joined the defense of Ukraine since the start of Russia’s full-scale inva