The court has chosen a preventive measure for Nazarii Husakov

The court has chosen a preventive measure for Nazarii Husakov

Photo: Nazarii Husakov / Facebook

During the hearing, the court granted the defense’s motion.

The Pechersk District Court of Kyiv placed Nazarii Husakov under nighttime house arrest, according to hromadske. He is required to stay at home from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.

Husakov is only allowed to leave his home to receive medical care. He has also been ordered to surrender his international passport.

A prosecutor was physically present in court, while Husakov and his lawyer participated online.

The prosecution had requested round-the-clock house arrest at his residence in Lviv, arguing that he could leave the country due to his disability and might destroy evidence.

The defense, however, insisted on nighttime house arrest. Husakov’s lawyer stated that he requires lung ventilation twice a day and needs to spend time outdoors.

“His health has significantly deteriorated. He cannot even go to the bathroom on his own and needs assistance. He is unable to appear in court physically and can only participate via video link. At the same time, he is cooperating with the investigation and giving testimony,” the lawyer said.

Husakov supported the defense’s arguments. The prosecutor acknowledged that the request for full-time house arrest did not take into account his need for regular ventilation.

The Lviv resident is known to have a genetic condition — spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) — which has left him unable to move. He requires regular injections of expensive medication to sustain his life. Although the Lviv City Council provided treatment, he claimed it was insufficient and raised donations.

However, in June, when social media users asked him to provide financial reports, Husakov did not respond.

As a result, the National Police of Ukraine launched a pre-trial investigation under charges of large-scale fraud and money laundering. By March 2026, the number of alleged victims had increased from 34 to 96, and the total damages rose from 1.3 million to 2 million hryvnias.

In June last year, police detained a trusted associate of Husakov, who used his bank card to collect donations.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo:  depositphotos Part-time employees will no longer qualify. Workers will only be allowed to receive deferment through one employer. Economy Minister Oleksii Soboliev confirmed that the Cabine

Photo: EPA Kyiv and the EU discussed the eventual end of temporary protection for Ukrainians. The Ukrainian government plans to obtain data on Ukrainian citizens currently under temporary protectio

Photo: EPA ECDC has sent an expert on board to assess the situation. European Commission spokesperson Eva Hrncirova stated that authorities are closely monitoring the hantavirus outbreak aboard the

Photo: 115th Separate Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine / Facebook President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Ukraine will launch a major military reform starting in June, following final co

Photo: Getty Images The Cabinet of Ministers has extended the current electricity tariff for household consumers until 31 October 2026. This means Ukrainians will continue to pay 4.32 UAH per kWh.

Photo: depositphotos The National Anti-Corruption Bureau exposed employees of the Security Service of Ukraine on bribery charges. According to investigators, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NA

Photo: EPA President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy commented on the renewed debate over legalizing firearms for civilians following the April 18 shooting in Kyiv, where a gunman killed seven people

Photo: Getty Images Clarifications were provided by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. Many men and women have voluntarily joined the defense of Ukraine since the start of Russia’s full-scale inva