193 Ukrainian defenders are returning home. A new stage of prisoner exchange has taken place

193 Ukrainian defenders are returning home. A new stage of prisoner exchange has taken place

Photo: Volodymyr Zelenskyy Telegram

A significant number of the released servicemen in this exchange are young defenders born in the 2000s.

In the framework of a prisoner exchange carried out on Friday, April 24, 193 Ukrainian defenders returned home, according to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

The released personnel served in the Armed Forces of Ukraine, National Guard of Ukraine, State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, National Police of Ukraine, and the State Special Transport Service.

“They defended Ukraine in various directions. Among them are those against whom Russia opened criminal cases, as well as wounded servicemen. It is important that exchanges are happening and that our people are returning home,” Zelenskyy said, thanking everyone involved in the process, including international partners.

The Coordination Headquarters for the Treatment of Prisoners of War stated that this was the 73rd exchange since the start of the full-scale invasion. A notable feature of this exchange is the large number of young servicemen born in the 2000s, as well as wounded defenders. Several officers were also released.

The headquarters added that most of those freed had been illegally held in Chechnya, with some facing fabricated criminal charges, which they described as a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

The youngest released prisoner is 24 years old and had been in captivity since 2023, while the oldest is 60. Two servicemen also returned home on their birthdays.

All released personnel will undergo medical checks, receive physical and psychological rehabilitation, and be provided with state support for reintegration. The headquarters also thanked the United States and the United Arab Emirates for their assistance in organizing the exchange.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo: UP Investigation / Ukrainska Pravda / YouTube Businessman and close associate of the president Timur Mindich has explained why he filed a lawsuit against Volodymyr Zelenskyy. In a comment to

Photo: Getty Images The National Police of Ukraine confirmed searches in a number of regional headquarters but stated that reports about the resignation of its chief, Ivan Vyhivskyi, are untrue. Ac

Photo: Getty Images The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has scheduled a hearing to review the appeal filed by the defense of Andriy Yermak, who is contesting his prevent

Photo: NABU An investigation linked to the high-profile corruption case involving former Supreme Court chairman Vsevolod Kniaziev is underway as detectives from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau o

Photo: depositphotos A Russian Shahed drone struck a Chinese commercial vessel in the Black Sea overnight on Monday, May 18, according to Ukrainian Navy spokesperson Dmytro Pletenchuk. “It is inter

Photo: Getty Images The High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has chosen a preventive measure for former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak, who is suspected of money laundering. The cou

Photo: EPA U.S. President Donald Trump said the ceasefire between the United States and Iran remains in effect despite a new exchange of strikes that marked the most serious escalation since the tru

Photo: Screenshot from the video A large forest fire in the border area of Chernihiv region, caused by shelling, cannot currently be actively extinguished due to ongoing Russian FPV drone attacks, r