Trump says US carried out one of the most powerful airstrikes in Middle East history

Trump says US carried out one of the most powerful airstrikes in Middle East history

Photo: Getty Images

President Donald Trump stated that American forces carried out one of the strongest aerial bombardments in the history of the Middle East, completely destroying all military targets on Iran’s Harg Island. He shared the announcement on his social media platform, Truth Social.

Trump emphasized that US weaponry is the most advanced and powerful in the world, and noted that, "for reasons of decency," the strike did not target the island’s oil infrastructure—though he warned this could change if Iran or others obstruct safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz.

He asserted that Iran cannot defend its assets against US attacks and cannot acquire nuclear weapons, warning Iranian forces to surrender to preserve what remains of their country.

Harg Island, a five-mile landmass near the Iranian coast, is strategically significant as approximately 90% of Iran’s oil exports pass nearby, CNN reports.

Earlier in March, Trump repeatedly announced “very strong” strikes against Iran and claimed that the US had effectively won the conflict within the first hour, though he said the timing of full cessation of hostilities remains uncertain.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo: UP Investigation / Ukrainska Pravda / YouTube Businessman and close associate of the president Timur Mindich has explained why he filed a lawsuit against Volodymyr Zelenskyy. In a comment to

Photo: Getty Images The National Police of Ukraine confirmed searches in a number of regional headquarters but stated that reports about the resignation of its chief, Ivan Vyhivskyi, are untrue. Ac

Photo: Getty Images The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has scheduled a hearing to review the appeal filed by the defense of Andriy Yermak, who is contesting his prevent

Photo: NABU An investigation linked to the high-profile corruption case involving former Supreme Court chairman Vsevolod Kniaziev is underway as detectives from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau o

Photo: depositphotos A Russian Shahed drone struck a Chinese commercial vessel in the Black Sea overnight on Monday, May 18, according to Ukrainian Navy spokesperson Dmytro Pletenchuk. “It is inter

Photo: Getty Images The High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has chosen a preventive measure for former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak, who is suspected of money laundering. The cou

Photo: EPA U.S. President Donald Trump said the ceasefire between the United States and Iran remains in effect despite a new exchange of strikes that marked the most serious escalation since the tru

Photo: Screenshot from the video A large forest fire in the border area of Chernihiv region, caused by shelling, cannot currently be actively extinguished due to ongoing Russian FPV drone attacks, r