United States and Israel reportedly attacked a nuclear facility in Iran, according to media reports

United States and Israel reportedly attacked a nuclear facility in Iran, according to media reports

Photo: Getty Images

United States and Israel reportedly carried out an attack on the uranium enrichment complex “Shahid Ahmadian-Roushan” in Natanz, Iran, on the morning of March 21, according to Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization.

The organization confirmed that the facility in Natanz was struck, but stated that no radioactive leaks were detected as a result of the attack. Authorities added that there is no threat to residents in nearby areas.

Iran also claimed that the strike violates the provisions of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Background on the operation

Israel’s military leadership has indicated that its campaign against Iran may continue for several more weeks.

At the same time, U.S. officials describe differences in operational focus: Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has stated that Israel is primarily targeting Iran’s leadership, while Washington is focused on degrading military infrastructure.

U.S. President Donald Trump has previously said that the United States has effectively “won” the confrontation with Iran, while emphasizing that operations and pressure on Tehran will continue.

Washington is also reportedly considering reducing its military presence in the Middle East after achieving its strategic objectives related to Iran.

banner

SHARE NEWS

link

Complain

like0
dislike0

Comments

0

Similar news

Similar news

Photo: UP Investigation / Ukrainska Pravda / YouTube Businessman and close associate of the president Timur Mindich has explained why he filed a lawsuit against Volodymyr Zelenskyy. In a comment to

Photo: Getty Images The National Police of Ukraine confirmed searches in a number of regional headquarters but stated that reports about the resignation of its chief, Ivan Vyhivskyi, are untrue. Ac

Photo: Getty Images The Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has scheduled a hearing to review the appeal filed by the defense of Andriy Yermak, who is contesting his prevent

Photo: NABU An investigation linked to the high-profile corruption case involving former Supreme Court chairman Vsevolod Kniaziev is underway as detectives from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau o

Photo: depositphotos A Russian Shahed drone struck a Chinese commercial vessel in the Black Sea overnight on Monday, May 18, according to Ukrainian Navy spokesperson Dmytro Pletenchuk. “It is inter

Photo: Getty Images The High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine has chosen a preventive measure for former Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak, who is suspected of money laundering. The cou

Photo: EPA U.S. President Donald Trump said the ceasefire between the United States and Iran remains in effect despite a new exchange of strikes that marked the most serious escalation since the tru

Photo: Screenshot from the video A large forest fire in the border area of Chernihiv region, caused by shelling, cannot currently be actively extinguished due to ongoing Russian FPV drone attacks, r